Writing Books/over already?

Question
It is so far 11 A4 pages on my computer. the amount of words per page is nearly twice as much as the normal book size page. so my work so far only amounts to around 25 pages if put onto normal book size page.
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
I have a great plot, characters and event ideas. However i am about half way through my first attempt at writing this book and it only covers 11 A4 pages. why is it so short, when there is so much going in in the story?
Answer -
Hello Sam,

Please explain what you mean by "it only covers 11 A4 pages" and perhaps I might be able to help you.

Dorothy

Answer
Hello Sam,

I still don't know what you mean by "ll A4." It is a concept I have never come across, but it is not really important. Ultimately the size or length or number of words or number of pages is totally important, given the fact that you have told a good yarn from start to finish.

Finish your story.  Allow the characters to come as they are needed and let them help you write the story. Let them tell you who they are and what part they should play.  Do not stop to edit page by page or chapter by chapter. Write without thinking about editing, correctness, structure, censoring or anything that would take you out of your creative mind.  You cannot, at the same time, write creatively and think about number of words. These two thoughts come from separate parts of your brain and if you continually shut off the creative part to worry about numbers, the creative brain will shut down.  You'll be stuck!

When you have finished a first rough draft, then go back and do all your editing work and rewrite the story until it is polished.
I hope this helps. It works for me. Give it a try?

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris