Writing Books/Do you answer publishing questions?

Question
First, if I want an agent, should I hire them before or after being accepted for publishing. Also, do you know any places where I could find an established fantasy or science fiction author that might be able to put in a good word for me to their editors?

Thank you

Answer
J:

You almost certainly want to hire an agent ahead of time.  The majority of an agent's job is to GET your work accepted for publication.

Of course, they do other things for you, too, and it's not a terrible idea to look for one if you happen to have been lucky enough to find a publisher without an agent's help.

As for your second question... no, I'm afraid I don't.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales