Writing Books/autobiography

Question
I want to write my autobiography
have you any advice how i go about this?
How to get it printed / published etc

Answer
Dear Phil,
Thank you for your question. I have tons of advice for you, since my first book was my autobiography. First, it takes a lot of time and may not pay off in terms of money. So do it for love. Second, there are other reasons to write. I had to do it since my story was so weird and I had to tell it. See: http://surrealist.org/betrayalofthespirit/index.html
To get started, you will probably want to write everything out chronologically. This helps you develop a timeline and you will see how the different elements fit together. After you write it out, you will have a memoir. My manuscript at that stage was a 500 page door stop. I submitted it to some publishers, but soon found out that publishers don't buy memoirs.
The next stage is to turn it into a form more like a novel. That means, characters, plot, dialogue, scenes, etc. When you get to that stage, check out the Fiction Writer's Workshop, posted here:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
You will also notice an article on how to find a publisher.
Please feel free to write back to me with anymore questions you have along the way.
Best to you,
Sincerely,
Nori

P.S. It's also good to have documentation of events if you're going to use real names and don't want to have to disguise people's identity.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster