Writing Books/How do I begin to write?

Question
I am interested in writing a fiction book based on a true story. I would like to know what the first step is to begin to write a book? I would also like to know what type of technique should I follow or any recommendations do you have to writing a fiction book based on a true story?

Answer
Hello Aisha:

These questions are a bit vague - can you be more specific?

I do offer mentoring at my website, http://pygmypress.com. (You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks). I will guide you through the entire book (or as far as you want to go) - via emails - for $2 each. These email "lessons" are one or two pages, and meaty: no fluff such as you find in "how to" writing books. Mentoring is the best way to go - it keeps you motivated.

If you have specific questions, please come back with them, and we will go from there.

(I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1,000 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand