Writing Books/book about my abuse from men was told to write about it

Hi, I have been told by friends that I should write a book about my sufferings of abuse by men.  The problem with it is that I am so emotionally involved with it that I can't stick to a point. It always turns out to be endless ramblings.  I need a writer. What is the charge?

Hello Jeanne:

To tell you the truth, I have thought of writing such a book myself, as I have also suffered much abuse from men, starting with my father.

It is difficult to write about a subject when you are really emotional about it. That is one thing that has held me back. However, I have found that I can take a fairly calm stance when the victim is someone else. Also, one of the best bits of advice anyone every gave a writer is, "Dig down deep where it really hurts, and write about that." Another is, "Write what you know."

I believe we two in conjunction could produce a salable book - is that what you had in mind?

I do mentor writers via email "lessons", at $2 each. My advice is not general as you find in "how to write" books, but tailored to YOUR particular book and YOUR writing needs. The reason you are fumbling is because you do not have your material under control. I hate to boast, but I will anyway: I am very good at that.

If you are interested, please go to my website,, and contact me from there.

If this has helped, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1300+ questions.

Thank you for your question. I believe we might be a match.  

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication