Writing Books/Getting a book published

Hi. I am in the process of writing a horror novel, and have 2 more book ideas in store. I really need advice on how to go about putting a good letter in to a book publisher. I have the "Writer's Market" 2004 book, but I am still not sure how to go about finding a submitting a letter and book idea.
Thanks for any help... Carissa M

A letter usually is inadequate.  Most publishers want to see a prospectus, usually consisting of at least two finished chapters, a chapter outline and a market analysis.  I'd suggest you first request prospectus guidelines from publishers; then, follow them in preparing submittals.

Writing Books

E.W. Brody

How to get published. I`ve written eight books, edited a ninth, and have published more articles in business and professional journals than I care to remember. I`m in process of working with an agent at the moment on several non-academic books

Three university degrees, eight published books, more periodical and newspaper articles than I can remember. And I've two more books in development.