Writing Books/about book

Question
What should be the page size and margins? what type of font and points for title, headings, subheadings,text, foot notes and index etc.(8,10,12,16,20 while writing on computer which a publisher likes most?  

Answer
Trilok
Thanks for the question.  Book sizes depend on the type of book and the market you are addressing.  Most books are 5.5X8.5 or 6X9.  Pages should be in increments of 16's and font type is 12.  As far as programs are concerned MS Publisher, Quark and Pagemaker are all print ready programs.  Text margins should be 1/2 inch.  Check out parapublishing.com for alot of free information.  Let me know if you need anything else.
Tom
tcampbell@kingprinting.com

Writing Books

Tom Campbell