Writing Books/what a certain genre is

Question
My novel is being looked at right now. While I'm waiting far a reply I'm still sending query letters out. One publ. said they are only accepting sci/fi and bridge at this time. What is bridge? Thank you

Answer
I have never in my life heard this term in that context.  But I would assume that it means the same thing as "crossover," meaning a story that is a cross between (or, assuming their meaning, "bridges") two different genres.  And since they accept SF, I would further assume that one of those two genres should be SF.  So a sci-fi/romance, sci-fi/thriller, etc.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales