Writing Books/copyright

Question
Hello:

I was looking at the very short paperback "Six Days of the Condor" and was wondering about something.
Instead of copyright by the author it has copyright by the publisher. Does that mean that the author gave up all rights and the publisher ww Norton owns all rights?

How did the author get a book published that seems nearly as short as a short story?

Oh, there was something else. Where does one get the special cardboard boxes to put manuscripts in that I read about?  

Answer
Hello, Demetrius!

Severe eye-strain, so, answers will be short.

1) Yes, Norton has acquired the rights.
2) A book this short is called a "novella."  They were in vogue at one time but have since fallen by the wayside.  Norton is an educational text publisher and you might well be looking at a special printing for students.
3) You can order the boxes mail-order from writers magazines, however, I have always used the boxes I get for free from my copy printer or purchased them as I need them from the local office supply store.

My best,
Youngbear

Writing Books

M.L. 'Max' Roth, Executive Editor