Writing Books/creating characters

Question
Hello:

I am trying to create a character who runs for govenor of my state. I gave him Bill Clinton like traits, but I wondered what background to give him.Also, what is the best way to research how the guy would campaign, ect, when you don't have any background or knowlege of campaigning?

Answer
Hello Demetrius,

My advice would be for you to become immediately actively involved in an election campaign, even if it is only opening mail, with on-the-job research. With major elections just months away, you can learn so much. I would get on it right away. After the elections, you may wish to continue in some way to be involved. After a while, you may not even need to ask.
As for background, I believe, in this day and age, most politicians are like actors...they need adulation, an audience, power, money...and this background comes from being extroverted and insecure. Do your psychology homework and read up on it.
Keep me posted?
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris