Writing Books/About creating fictional worlds.

Do you know anything about or of any good links to sites to help me get started in creating a unique fictional world?

Hello Jeff:

Here are some sites that might be of help to you. (You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks):

These are but a few; you can find many more by typing into your search engine "creating fictional worlds." They say every fictional work exists in a world of its own, but you will find an emphasis on fantasy and/or science fiction.

Patricia Wrede has created an exhaustive questionnaire to help create imaginary worlds. You can find it at

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 700 questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication