Writing Books/how to describe characters

Question
I am writing my first book, and i just cant describe my characters w/o describing them too much at a time in the book where i should be talking about something else, but i need to have a picture of the characters in my head but i cannot bring my self to take up a whole paragraph describing what they look like when introduced to the story how should i place my descriptions in my book w/o boring myself and others who read it?

Answer
Hello Lee,

No, you should not take up whole paragraphs describing your characters. Describe them during their action.  Such as:  "His tall, lean frame filled the doorway."  "She tossed her mane of red hair, her freckles glowing softly in the sunlight."

Try this ... see if it works for you.  Also, may I suggest that you use correct sentence structure and punctuation when writing to others?  It just looks much better and shows respect.  When you are writing creatively it does not matter until your rewrites.  If you need a course in English grammar I'm sure you can find one at a college or in adult education.
Happy writing,
Dorothy  

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris