Writing Books/descriptions

Question
I need some pointers on how to write good battle/war scenes. I am having trouble.

Answer
Hello Iori,

I have never written a battle/war scene so I am probably not your best advisor; however, if I were to write one, I would begin by isolating myself with plenty of undisturbed time, allowing my creative mind total control, without censoring, editing, correcting or otherwise hindering a free flow of creativity. I would allow the characters to write the scene. I would allow the characters to tell me what is happening and how.  I would give total control to the characters.  It may be as though you are watching a movie scene and you don't know from one frame to the next what will happen, but as the scene unfolds you type what you see and hear.

If you can do this throughout the book, I believe you will have a story with much life and zest.  It is how I write my entire books. No outline, no editing, correcting or otherwise interfering until a final rough draft is complete.

Try this and let me know how it works for you.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris