Writing Books/the ending

hi mr. wales
i was wondering about my ending. Because, for me the ending is the most important part of the story, and i just dont know how i should go about it.Also conflict, there needs to be a big conflict something dramatic and life altering and i dont know what to do! My book is fiction and a little fantacy if that helps

This is a difficult question to answer without having more information.  Obviously, I can't suggest an ending for you, or a big climax for the story.  The story itself would dictate those to you... an outsider like myself can't make any suggestions without reading your entire manuscript.

But that brings me to another question:  How far along are you?  Are you actually well into the first draft, or are you still in the outlining stages, or what?

Also, how much training have you had?  Have you taken classes or read books on fiction writing?  If not, I highly recommend you do so.  There are a lot of great books out there, and most any large bookstore will carry several.  Your local library should have at least one or two, as well.  

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.