Writing Books/fantasy writing

Question
In writing a well-developed fantasy book, making the characters and the environment seem to be hardest to me.  Is it better to just begin writing and considered this later, or should you ponder on it for a while?  Which do you prefer?  Which, in your experience, is the better way?

Answer
Hello Antonio,

When you are writing a book or a manuscript, the characters and environment are in the story from the beginning. They are together, or else what would you write?

When I write, I both "begin writing" and "ponder", sometimes one thing and then the other according to which is needed.

If you wish to ask a further question, or to refine this one, I'll be happy to respond.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris