Writing Books/fiction versus nonfiction

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.  I just found something called:
Creative Non-fiction.  Is that viable?

Thank you!

Hi Barb:

There is a thing called "Creative Non-Fiction," and you can learn about it on the net. Here are some helpful sites: (You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks).

With a good definition in hand, you should be able to decide whether your subject fits this genre. I would think it would depend on what your premise is.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 780 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication