Writing Books/finding time to write my book.

Question
Ok. I have all my plans and everything laid out, but I just can't find the time to finish writing it.  What can I do?  Should I just set a specific time frame for just writing my book?

Answer
Megan:

Different strategies work for different people.  One option is to set aside a specific time every day to write.  For some people, it means getting up earlier than normal and writing before the rest of the household wakes up.  For others, it means staying up later.  Or whatever can work for you.

Other people, if they have this luxury, will dedicate a full evening (or morning or afternoon) one day per week... when they can manage to have no other obligations.  It may mean getting a sitter if you have kids (or convincing the spouse to take 'em somewhere) or other special arrangements.

The best thing to do is take an honest look at your schedule.  Most people do have time to spare.  Sure, you may have to stop watching TV so often.  You may need to make other sacrifices.  But the time is almost always there to be found.  You just have to be serious about rearranging your normal schedule.  

Oh, and yes... for many writers, having a specific schedule to adhere to for writing is very helpful.

Good luck!

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales