Writing Books/Will I ever finish?

Question
I've been working on a book for two years and recently finished it and by very good fortune have an editor at a well known house who wants me to send it to her - no query, no synopsis, no first three chapters. She just wants the whole book because she knows someone who knows my writing.
All of a sudden I'm going in circles. Trying to polish it, hating every word i've written. trying to rewrite - it sounds worse. i told her she would have it on her desk in two weeks and now I doubt my ability to come through. I've had moments in the last few days where I convince myself the book is an absolute waste and I've come close to junking it.  HELP me get back on track so i don't mess up this opportunity. thanks so much, kathy

Answer
Hello Kathy,

You are panicking.  Take a deep breath and send her the manuscript.  If she is a good editor she will let you know the book's strengths and weaknesses.  She will make suggestions about rewrites.  

The best little book I have ever found for polishing a work is called:  Getting the Words Right, by  Theodore Cheney.

You just have to be brave.

Good luck,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris