Writing Books/first draft blues

Question
Hi Dorothy,

Thank you so much for your previous suggestions. The reason I asked about the double spacing is to help me gauge the size and therefore the pace of my novel.  I'm using Courier font at setting 12. Does a double spaced page in this format approximate the size of book form printing you mentioned?

Are there any writer's online support groups that are trustworthy? I've done some general searches but am wary. I'm not a fan of "registering" for online memberships.

I will get the book "Getting The Words Right" as you recommended. Are there any other books that would be useful for a novice writer?

Thanks again,

Karinka

Answer
Hello Karinka,

Now is not the time to even think of the size or length of your novel. That should be the last thing you think of. Tell the story and use what is necessary to tell it -- no more and no less. Some great novels and quite short and some are long. Size does not matter.

I know of no online support groups at all. I write alone and use my own mind. So can you.  That goes for other books, too.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris