Writing Books/on what is "first-time" publishing in today's world

Question
I have recently been investigating publishers and literary magazines to submit my fiction to, which I hope will end in a book deal someday. I am confused about exactly what "first-time" rights are in today's world of online publishing and non-profit sites like fictionpress.com where work may have already been read and reviewed by others. If my work has been displayed online and/or already read by others, is it ineligible for publishing?

Answer
You're going to have to check with your publisher of choice. Some publishers will not handle previously published works and if your work has been displayed somewhere to the public it is usually considered published to some extent.

Some publishrs will not want it. Others may not care.

Godspeed

Writing Books

Covenant Signature Publishing