Writing Books/form for writing fiction

Question
I have written a few short stories and have always been good at it.  I am starting to write a book now that is a medieval war story.  I have already got many of my characters established and need to know something about how to name characters.  I also need to know if there is a general form that is different from writing short stories besides being more elaborated.

Answer
Hello Jeff,

There is no established form for writing fiction. A writer tells a story. There is a beginning, a middle and an ending. There is action, dialogue and a theme, or a point that the writer wishes to make.

In naming characters you must consider these things: year span (Medieval covers a few centuries), place, age, language, social class, religion, personal character (strong or weak), etc.
I hope I have given some help.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris