Writing Books/i found a topic

Question
In a cave that was on a mountain lived a dwarf. It wasnít a wet nasty cave, but a warm hand crafted home. The dwarf was a craft man, which is someone who uses their hands to make fine objects. The dwarf had found the cave 10 years ago, back when the war between the dwarves and the dragons. The cave was decorated with hand crafted swords, and fine shields. It had five separate rooms, each for a different purpose. The first room was the entry; it had four chairs that had dragonheads as the handles. The cushions were the finest in all the land, made of silk and were stuffed with cotton. There was also a handcrafted candle lamp, which glowed for over 3 days. Then there was the kitchen, which had storage cabinets made of wood that held his food. Seeing that dwarves are quite big in the stomach and are always hungry you would expect to find lots of chicken, ham, eggs, and most of all, honey. But this dwarf didnít eat as much as you would expect. He had little ham, three eggs, and the most honey you can imagine. The kitchen had a nice oak table he made himself. The third room was the bedroom, which was not as great as the other rooms. He had a small bed that was 200 years old, passed down by his grandfather Ovash. Dwarves can live up to 150 years, unless theyíre killed of course. But the oldest dwarf was the great Ivan, the king of the dwarf city. He lived for 300 years. Also in his room was his chest. Which was a nice box filled with cloaks and hoods. And the fourth room was the bathroom, which I clearly donít want to get into description. The fifth room was the great craft room, where he had made all his projects. In that room he had all his tools,  His name is Ollie Iiend.  

Hello Dorothy,
It's me Dylan again, I started my new book, and sorry it wasn't one of your idea's. I didn' know where to begin with finding a sport and changing it to a fantasy. So I hope you like it.

Happy Writing, :) :) :) :)

Dylan

Answer
Hello Dylan,

I'm so glad that you found your topic.  As for the sport ... how about this:

A magic baseball and a magic bat.  They are friends at first and work together and then something (you figure it out) happens and they become enemies.  The bat won't hit the ball and the ball goes off course. Until they finally get to the bottom of their problem and work out a solution. Then they work together again.

You can do a fantasy with just about anything.
I' going to print out your little story for my grandson to read. His name is Oliver and he is called Ollie.  He is in 2nd grade and will be able to read it with some help from his mom.

Keep up the good work.
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris