Writing Books/general

Question
I have an interesting way of learning musical theory and I am thinking of writing it into an instructional book.  I have never considered writing before and at times it seems a little overwelming at just the thought of it.  I know probably less than nothing of the business and could use any advice you might have.  Everything you had listed sounded like what I might need to know.  Sorry to be so blunt about it.  LOL.  Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing what you might want to tell me.

Answer
Dear Robert,
Thank you for your question. It sounds like a good idea for a book. The key to writing a book is getting all the ideas to come down from your head, through your hands, and onto paper. You need to start with outlines, but the best way to get the outlines is through creative thinking.
There is a good technique for writing called "clustering," where you write your main word, draw a circle around it, then write related words around it and show how they connect. This is how the human brain works, so it's a good way to get the ideas out of your head and onto paper. If you're not famliar with this technique, get the book, "The Natural Way to Write." You can find the books at my "good books" page linked to my writer's page: http://steamboats.com/writing.html
There might be some other articles and books available through my site that will help you. Feel free to write back if you have any follow-up questions.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster