Writing Books/general

Question
I would like to write a book about building managment in general. How should I stard, how to organize it and os on.

Regards
Ramon Abreu

Answer
Dear Ramon,
Thank you for your question. It sounds like a good idea for a book. The best way to get started on a non-fiction is to make outlines. If you have ever used "clustering," you can use that. You pick the most important word and write it in the middle of a sheet of paper, then draw a circle around it. Then write the other concepts in circles radiating out from the main circle. This will help you get the ideas out of your head and onto paper. If you're not familiar with this technique, read Writing the Natural Way, by Gabriele Rico Ph.D. It's in the bookstore at my web page for writers: http://steamboats.com/writing.html
Click the link for "good writing books."
Once you have an outline, put together a book proposal and start sending it to some publishers. Also at my site you will find an article on how to find a publisher. The best way is to write the book and try to sell it at the same time. By the time you find the right publisher, you will have something to show them.
Don't be discouraged by rejection letters. Just see them as evidence that you are trying.
Also, don't be discouraged when you find out how little money a book earns. You probably won't be able to retire from your book, but it will make you an expert in your field and attract more and better clients.
If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to write back.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster