Writing Books/Is it a good idea..

Question
Okay, I am a single mother of a little boy from a man 8 years my senior, that I was in a relationship with from the time I was 19 until I was almost 30.  The relationship was horrible (most of the time) and turned me into a different person.  Recently I began to write him letters (he is in prison as always) that have been somewhat theraputic for me in dealing with my feelings about the past, my son, men in general.. blah blah blah.  Someone suggested I put these letters together and make them into a book because of the way they are written... Just your opinion... how good of an idea do you think this is?

Answer
Hello Bettina:

I'm not sure whether you are asking whether it is a good idea for you to write a book or whether this subject is a good idea for a book. However, both answers are "Yes." Properly handled, I believe this could be a successful book. Many successful books have been written on this subject but they are all different and yours would be different, too.

People are endlessly interested in other people's lives. They read biographies to learn how accomplished people got so smart and famous. They read about successful marriages in the hope they'll be able to apply what they read to their own lives.

As a reader, I would like to find in your book answers to the following questions:

What about the relationship was "horrible?" What was good?

What kind of a person were you when the relationship began?

How did the relationship turn you "into a different person?"

And what kind of a person were you when the relationship ended (if it has ended)?

What has this relationship taught you about life?

When you have answered these questions, you will have a better idea of what the concept of your book might be.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 570+ questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand