Writing Books/help

There has to be something you can tell me to help.  I have a major problem, My wife is pregnant, and I have no job, but my dream is to be a writer, Fiction\science fiction mostly.  Everybody that reads my stories says they are great and they like them.  I am really involved in all things fantasy related.  I love advance dungeons and dragons, all things related to assassins paladins.  You know just the whole world.  Write now I am in the process of creating my own world to get my stories modeled by, I am working on my on classes, races, world, magic system.  My stories will be based on that and whatever else I put into them.  Unfortunately I have no idea how to get started, or what to do, and I have very little time, I live with my wife's mother and she is running out of money.  I have faith that I can succeed, part of it is a desire to stay at home with my wife and family.  With all your experience, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction and help me find something that will get me started, and if you have time maybe you can give me tips on writing better stories.  Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.  I type 130 words per minute, so the stories end up coming out pretty fast, I gave up a while back so I have no stories currently but it doesn't take me long to come up with something good, whether the story needs to be short or long it doesn't normally happen.  The ideas and inspirations flow like water.  Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Dear West:

I am not 100% sure what the question is but here are some hints for  you:

1. It would be good practice for you to take this narrative, remove all that is unnecessary, and isolate for  yourself the real question.
 2. If you want to write, you must write. I would advise you to put away your book until you have established a habit of writing for 1/2 hour every day. It doesn't matter what you write; a journal is helpful as it gets you going every day. The time can be increased as you go.
 3. Go to the 818 section at your library and check out some books on writing. Study them; follow their instructions carefully. Do the exercises.
 4. Join a writers' group (yahoo and msn.com have several) and submit your work for critique. Try to keep your ego out of it, as these people will only be trying to help you. Take what they say seriously, and incorporate their suggestions into your daily writing. WordParade.com is also a good place to get critiques.
 5. Make your goal to be able to tell the difference between good writing and not-so-good writing. For this you must read. And read. And read. As you go along, your skill will increase.
 When you have established a solid habit of writing every day, come back, and we'll talk about your stories.
 I hope this has helped. If it has, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my "straight 10" record!

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at http://pygmypress.com, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication