Writing Books/help

Question
i have considered starting a book for a long time and i have come up with ideas on the plot the development of characters and so on ,but when i get down to writting it down on a the page ,it end up uninteresting i cant get the suspense the dialogue right. i cant get the story to come to life can you help me to get my story to come to life ,youself or can you send me some links that will help me in this area

Answer
Hello Sean,

The way your story and characters will come to life is if you continue writing until you come to the end. Do not stop to edit, correct, structure and do not censor yourself or your characters.  Let them show themselves in the story as they are needed. Let them help you write the story. Let them tell you who they are. Let them be who they are not who you want them to be.  Don't allow anyone to read what you have written, and don't you read and re-read what you have written. Let it be and go on and on.

When you have finished the story all the way to The End, then go back and do the re-writes to make it grammatically correct, structurally readable and all the hard work.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris