Writing Books/help

Question
i have considered starting a book for a long time and i have come up with ideas on the plot the development of characters and so on ,but when i get down to writting it down on a the page ,it end up uninteresting i cant get the suspense the dialogue right. i cant get the story to come to life can you help me to get my story to come to life ,youself or can you send me some links that will help me in this areaby the way its a fantasy novel im writting

Answer
Congratulations on creating a good plot and character development! Idea creation is one area where many writers fail, and you're past that point. Way to go!

The rest of what you ask for--how to write down those ideas so the book is interesting, how to write natural dialogue, how to make a story come to life (how to show it, rather than tell it), are all things that can be learned, but they take practice. Reading a book or reading information on the Internet are unlikely to help. To learn it, you must practice, hands-on, with feedback from people who know what they are talking about.

Although many good books have been written about how to write a novel, instead of reading a book on how to write, I recommend taking a course in creative writing, either in person or online, but be sure to sign up for a course that gives you feedback, each time you turn in an assignment. As you practice, practice, practice, your skills will improve, and you will learn the technical aspects of writing.

Look for courses at art centers or centers for continuing education. Don't simply take a seminar--take a six-week or eight-week course that gives assignments and gives you feedback on areas where you need to improve. When that course is over, take another and another--even the same one over and over, if necessary, until your skills are at the highest level possible.

Writers don't simply sit down and write a blockbuster novel on their first attempt at writing. They take years to hone their skills, first. Think of it as a competitive sport. Skiers, skaters, hockey players, basketball players, even competitive dancers did not start out being great at what they do. They practiced long and hard first, and learned all the ins and outs of their sport. I am very pleased that you are willing to do the same with writing, which is why you asked what you can do to improve your skills. You're already on the right track by asking.

Go for it! Enjoy the ride.

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas