Writing Books/help

Question
There has to be something you can tell me to help.  I have a major problem, My wife is pregnant, and I have no job, but my dream is to be a writer, Fiction\science fiction mostly.  Everybody that reads my stories says they are great and they like them.  I am really involved in all things fantasy related.  I love advance dungeons and dragons, all things related to assassins paladins.  You know just the whole world.  Write now I am in the process of creating my own world to get my stories modeled by, I am working on my on classes, races, world, magic system.  My stories will be based on that and whatever else I put into them.  Unfortunately I have no idea how to get started, or what to do, and I have very little time, I live with my wife's mother and she is running out of money.  I have faith that I can succeed, part of it is a desire to stay at home with my wife and family.  With all your experience, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction and help me find something that will get me started, and if you have time maybe you can give me tips on writing better stories.  Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.  I type 130 words per minute, so the stories end up coming out pretty fast, I gave up a while back so I have no stories currently but it doesn't take me long to come up with something good, whether the story needs to be short or long it doesn't normally happen.  The ideas and inspirations flow like water.  Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear West:

I was not always a successful editor and author. I left school after the sixth grade, left home at seventeen, and married at twenty.  I worked two or more jobs at a time from a young age and after a twelve to fourteen hour day I would practice my craft until the wee hours of the morning.

However, we decided not to have children out of fairness to the child, and if I had to shine shoes in a barber shop or clean toilets in a hotel in order to be responsible and pay my own way, then that's what I did.  I'm not telling you to do the same thing, in fact, it's too late for you.  What I am telling you is that it is better to have chased a dream and failed than never to have made the attempt.  But the chase must be a responsible one.

You have a child!  Keep the wife or throw her away, you still have a child who will be watching and learning from everything you do for the next twenty years or so.  Man, that's heavy shit!  You did not create a life; you are creating a life!  Get your ass out of the house, go to work, and study nights to become a writer, and show your wife and child the kind of metal you're made of.  Chase your dream, but be responsible.  Your mother-inlaw has completed raising her child.  It's her turn to have a life now.  Get the out of her house and work hard to make a life for yourself, and work hard to create a solid marriage!  

West, my friend, I know it is tough to hear, but hell, grow up!

Sincerely,
Max Roth

Writing Books

M.L. 'Max' Roth, Executive Editor