Writing Books/im interested in publishing a book im writing.

would know the costs and best publishing house to use in publishing 300 pages of fictional matterial. might be a good sell. i might also require an editor at some stage. thanks.

You'll need to be clearer.  If you're talking about CHOOSING a publisher, then you're talking about subsidy publishing.  (Rather than submitting your material to a conventional publisher, and having them choose to publish you or not.)

Subsidy publishers vary widely in their costs, and what you get for that.  I do not have any sort of comparison chart for you, but here's one of the best I've seen online:

As for which is best (not counting costs), I think they're all pretty much the same.  None of them will do anything for you in the way of promotions, but then, major publishing houses don't, really, either.

Hope that's helpful.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.