Writing Books/inspiration

Hi. If someone gets an idea for a book from an article in a magazine or newspaper, are they required to mention that in the book somewhere? For example, in the credits? Thanks

Hello. Sorry for the late reply, I've been having problems with my computer lately.
As for your question, not neccessarily. Some authors I know read other published stories for inspiration and make no mention what-so-ever of it in their story. If you read something that inspires you to write from a magazine or a newspaper, you do not need to mention it. However, say you plan on using the whole story, you will have to be careful for the whole copyright thing is a little tricky and complex. It's different for everything..

Sorry if I didn't help out much or answer your question in full detail. But this is as much as I know.

Writing Books

Kristal Maspara

Struggling with writer's block? Need help with your writing? I can answer anything to do with writing fiction, whether you are a new writer, or have been published. I can help with ideas, motivation, techniques, and I can offer tips to help you improve.

I am currently writing novels of the historical romance genre, I am a manager of a writer's group and a member of 2 others. I have connections with published authors such as JoAnn Ross.

Thomson Education Direct & Writing Groups Ass.

School magazines, local papers.

Finished courses in short story writing, and romance writing.

Publich speaking awards for Lion's Youth of the Year, Certificates for completion of writing courses.