Writing Books/inspiration

Question
Hi. If someone gets an idea for a book from an article in a magazine or newspaper, are they required to mention that in the book somewhere? For example, in the credits? Thanks

Answer
Hello. Sorry for the late reply, I've been having problems with my computer lately.
As for your question, not neccessarily. Some authors I know read other published stories for inspiration and make no mention what-so-ever of it in their story. If you read something that inspires you to write from a magazine or a newspaper, you do not need to mention it. However, say you plan on using the whole story, you will have to be careful for the whole copyright thing is a little tricky and complex. It's different for everything..

Sorry if I didn't help out much or answer your question in full detail. But this is as much as I know.
K

Writing Books

Kristal Maspara