Writing Books/inspiration/getting going

Question
I've wanted to be a writer almost all my life.  I'm now 30 and so far i've gotten nowhere.  My biggest problem is that I get a great story idea but then i just don't know where to go from there.  I start to write then i lose confidence in my idea.  how do I get past this problem?  Where can I go to have someone read something i've written and find out if I should even be doing this?

Answer
Dear Maria,
Thank you for your letter. At my site I have posted the Fiction Writers Workshop. See:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
This explains how to structure a story and how to tell it for the best effect.
I want to add that whenever you get an idea, write it down in your journal. Ideas bubble up from the subconscious and if you don't write them down, they go back down into the subconscious and may never come up again. They are so clear to us when we think of them, but like a vivid dream, they are hard to recall if you don't write them down.
Also, don't worry about your age. It's never to late to write a novel. Many authors write their first novels when they are in their sixties. Sometimes a novel takes a whole lifetime of experience to unfold.
Keep at it.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster