Writing Books/making a book for personal use

I have a question about making a book. My Mother in law has written a book. It has been proof read, all errors fixed , but it is on 8 1/2 by 11 computer paper. we dont want the book published or anything. but for a Christmas gift we would like to take her writings and put it in paperback form. is there any software out there that we could use to retype the writings into  and print out from our home printer, make a cover and kind of put it all together with a binding? kind of like a paperback you could pick up from Walmart.
Any kind of help on this would be great
thank you in advance

Michael Provenzano

Thanks for the question.  Sounds like a great way to go and many folks are doing it.  The minimum we print is 100 copies some other folks will print less but check out the bottom line before you make a decision.  The most inexpensive way is to use MS Publisher and it will work for both the cover and text.  If someone has Photoshop that is another great way to go for the cover.
Let me know if I can help further.
Tom Campbell

Writing Books

Tom Campbell

When you are ready to print your book I can help you with how to prepare your book for the printer, what to expect from a printer and what you must understand yourself. How long does it take to print a book and methods of printing that make sense and what your costs should be in the process.

25 years of business experience including web development and printing. Currently Senior Vice President of Sales for King Printing Company. I'll approach all questions objectively.