Writing Books/musical

Question
ok, i am only 16, but i am attempting to right a play/ musical. and this is sort of strange for me because, as you can probabl ytell from my style of wrighting in this letter, i hate to write! but i had this idea to write a musical, so i am. im not sure how long it will be, or how many scenes it will be. i have no clue about all that stuff. i am just writeing what i feel. and i dont know what to do when im finished. how doi coptwrite it and try and get it produced. are there any rules to how it should be written? i m rally into doing this and i hope my age did not make you think any less of me. and i dont think my musical is that good and im not finishedi am hoping this is in your expertise, and i was really hoping that you could read what i have so far, if not i completely understand, i just need a critic

Answer
Congratulations for undertaking your new endeavor. Please remember, though, that the first time you climbed on a bicycle, you did not win the Tour de France. You probably didnít make it to the end of the driveway without wobbling or falling. The more you rode your bike, though, the steadier and more confident you became. Writing, just like bike riding, takes practice, knowledge, and experience, before you can see success. You will need to learn some basics, if you have hopes of finishing your musical and getting it produced. Plays and musical productions have guidelines you must learn and follow before you can attract the attention of a producer.

Please read books on playwriting, attend classes, join a critique circle, go to writers conferences, and arm yourself with the skills, information, and background necessary to refine your first play/musical into something worthy of production.

Please understand that I critique and edit books for a living, so I cannot critique your draft for free, but do find other people interested in writing plays who will give you free feedback, because feedback is essential to success, and I do wish you much success.  

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas