Writing Books/narrative and exposition

Question
Hi, narrative writing is causing me a head ache. I am over 60,000 words into a novel but I seem to work backwards. Snippets of dialogue and story ideas come into my head at random and I peice tham together like a patchwork quilt until a plot line emerges. But then the bit I don't like - the narrative, the filling in the gaps. I want to persevere with the novel (not write screen plays as was once sugested) so I would like to ask you if you have any advice to make narrative writing, if not easier, then more enjoyable.  

Answer
Hello Lyn,

The less narrative you write, the better. Keep it to a bare minimum. Use dialogue and action instead. When you are compelled to write narrative, in the process of doing your re-writes, make sure the sentences and paragraphs are balanced and beautiful prose. This makes it much more readable and enjoyable.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris