Writing Books/i need help finding a topic.

Question
hi dorothy, im 13 years old and i really like to write. i have been tempting to write books, but i have had no idea's. i like reading Harry potter, and the hobbit. i like fantasy. i want to write a book that has adventure.but i never can, can you give me some ideas?

thank you,
DylanG

Answer
Hello Dylan,

My task is not to help you with ideas, which are already all around you. My task is to aid you with specific issues. And my first issue is your lack of correct capitalization of letters and your bad grammar in your sentence structure.  I suggest that you begin to work on that while you observe people, study situations and continue to read until an idea, your very own idea, forms in your mind.  Do you do any sports or activities that could carry a scenario and action?

I don't mean to discourage you, but thirteen is very young to write a book. How about beginning with short stories?  Get a book of short stories from  the library and read all of them to see how they are written. Then find your idea and go with it.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris