Writing Books/What do I do next?

Question
I wrote a book when I was going through a tough time in my life a few years back.It is about me, my life, my family, my emotions and thoughts. I have come across it again just recently and am in the process of typing it out. Surprisingly it makes sense and offers me some insight into myself. My question is should I try to get it published? and if so how? One worry is that I am not a writer, english was not a strong point at school. The book is written straight from the heart. What do you think?

Answer
Dear Helen,
Thank you for your question. The main thing is that you wrote it and it helped you. The publishing world is tough and then after lots of work, first-time authors usually don't make very much on their books. However, there's a lot of gratification in seeing your words published and shared with others. At my site I have posted an article on how to find a publisher, see:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
Another idea is to put it into a form you can share with your children, grandchildren, etc. They may go through similar trials in their lives and knowning how an ancestor handled it may help them too. It's always a good idea to write your memoirs for future members of your family.
I hope this helps,
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster