Writing Books/What's next?

Dear E.W.Brody,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, I really appreciate it.

I'm currently in the process of writing a fiction novel (one day I just sat down to write and the next thing I know there's over 200 pages.)  However, I have no idea how I proceed to get it on the shelves and have a bona fida book or even if it's good enough.  Can you please advise?

Most publishers want to see a prospectus, which usually consists of two to three finished chapters, a chapter outline, and an estimate of market potential (sales).

I'd suggest you prepare this document, visit a bookstore to determine which publishers are handling works similar to yours, and then circulate the prospectus among them.

If you're not offered a contract, you then may want to consider working with an agent or self-publishing.

Writing Books

E.W. Brody

How to get published. I`ve written eight books, edited a ninth, and have published more articles in business and professional journals than I care to remember. I`m in process of working with an agent at the moment on several non-academic books

Three university degrees, eight published books, more periodical and newspaper articles than I can remember. And I've two more books in development.