Writing Books/non-fiction personal story ( 30yrs ago)

writing a TRUE story about two+ years of my experience with my first wife, who went from sunday-school/girlscout to orgy slut in a matter of a few weeks and continued for years!!
should I change Names of people, streets and cities to protect real ID's. I want to use as much "real" as possible with-out getting sued. I'd just like to change names only. It'll be mostly a narrative and I won't guess at or speculate anything, just the way it was, what I saw.

Hello lin:

I am not a lawyer and can't give you legal advice, but my studies have shown me that in a perfect world, so long as you tell the truth you are protected from libel.

If you want to be perfectly safe, change her name, physical characteristics, town, address, etc., and use a pseudonym ( I hope I have spelled that right).

If you want to publish your book, you should discuss this matter with your publisher.

I hope this has helped. If it has, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1000+ questions.

And good luck with your writing~

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication