Writing Books/other

Question
Well I don't know exactly what to ask except, how do you start a romance book? Like coming up with an idea. I've wanted to write since I was 8, and frankly I don't know if I have the talent. Thank you.

Answer

The only way you will ever know if you have the talent is to give it a try. Write your story. Join some critique groups who can help you polish it. As for how do you start... I am assuming if you are asking about this, you must have a story in your head. Just write. Write what comes to you as it comes to you. Some people believe in outlining their whole book first. If you find that helpful, you might want to start with that. Personally, I prefer to just write as it comes to me. I can tell you this, start with a bang! Your opening scene has to be something that will catch the readers eye and make them want to keep on reading.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Happy Writing!
Victoria

Writing Books

Victoria Purling