Writing Books/how to prepare my book

Hi Tom.

I've been busy with my inspirational book and I don't know where to go and how to go about printing it out.Please would you tell me all about setting up the chapters and how many chapters you advise me to have.  

Thanks for the question and good for you to write your book. My suggestion is to go to a book store and look for similar books that you like or think your book should look like as a model including layout and font style.  That is how most folks do it then you can run the layout in MS word or publisher or if you have a friend with a printing layout program like Quark, InDesign or Pagemaker they may love to help with the layout.  For your cover you can use Photoshop or a similar program.  First books are not judged by chapters most should be in the range of 160-300 pages less is fine.  Also sign up for Dan Poynter's newletter it is free with plenty of great info he is at  If I can be of further assistance let me know.

Writing Books

Tom Campbell

When you are ready to print your book I can help you with how to prepare your book for the printer, what to expect from a printer and what you must understand yourself. How long does it take to print a book and methods of printing that make sense and what your costs should be in the process.

25 years of business experience including web development and printing. Currently Senior Vice President of Sales for King Printing Company. I'll approach all questions objectively.