Writing Books/how to get published

Question
Hello, my name is Rachelle.  I am actually asking this on behalf of my husband, Edward.  He has a great imagination and is quite intelligent.  He started writing many years ago and every so often he will continue his story.  He has one or two complete chapters written, though his story is complete in his mind.  He wants to finish this novel and publish it, but he is discouraged because he doesn't know how to go about getting it looked at, etc...  it's a fictional life story of a serial killer told in the first person.  Any help you can give would be wonderful.
Thank you in advance.
Rachelle

Answer
Dear Rachelle and Edward,
The key to selling a novel is a good cover letter and book proposal. I recommend that you try small to medium large publishers, don't bother trying to find an agent with a first novel. At my page for writers I have posted an article called, "How to Find a Publisher." That's just an introduction, but it gives you an overview of what's involved. See: http://steamboats.com/writing.html
I hope this helps. Write back if you have any specific questions after reading the materials at my site.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster