Writing Books/how to get published

Question
how can i get published, do you have to copyright your book so that it is not ripped off.thanks  

Answer
Dear Vickey,
Thank you for your questions. At my website i have posted an article called How to Find a Publisher. http://steamboats.com/writing.html
That should answer your questions and give a brief introduction on how to do it.
Usually you don't have to worry about someone ripping off your ideas, but it can happen. I actually saw a notice at one big big publisher that said they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts, but if you send your manuscript anyway, they are not responsible if someone rips off your ideas.
There are several things you can do. The most simple thing is to mail your book ideas to yourself and keep the envelope  without opening it. It will be postmarked and that will show when you had the idea. Another way is to mail a copy to your attorney and tell him/her to keep the envelope postmarked, but unopened. You can also join the Writer's Guild, or some other writer's organization, and they can keep a record of your idea and the date you registered it with them.
I hope this helps and feel free to write back again if you have more questions.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster