Writing Books/publishing

Hi. Im 15 and i just finished writing a short story. I really have no experience whatsoever in the publishing business, and i'm wondering what the best way is to get myself out there, and find a publisher, and all that. Thanks.

Hi Julie
The best place to have short stories published is in creative writing magazines or youth magazines. Most major cities and states have such things and can be found through writers centres or government departments - or try searching online. Just send them a copy of your short story or follow their instructions for submissions. Good luck!

Writing Books

Paul Watt

Advice on rewriting PhD dissertations into books; advice on sending manuscripts to scholarly publishers; how copyediting works; what to expect in the production process; explain what to do if a university press rejects your manuscript. I do NOT assess manuscripts

10 years publishing experience at Addison Wesley Longman, and Cambridge University Press Australia and the United Kingdom

Bachelor of Music; Master of Arts; PhD is almost finished! I also teach in editing and publishing courses at university level, both undergraduate and graduate