Writing Books/publishing my first book....

Question
hi i read your area of expertise and i would like some information of all the things in your profile
i would like to initially print only a small amount - say 10 books.
My book is a 'humour' book and aimed at anyone who is interested but definately not an 'adult' or serious book.
i'd like to illustrate my own cover - just so that i'd like looking at my own book!
and how much do you think it would cost?
the book would be smaller than A5 and have approximately 36/38 pages
any ideas or help would be appreciated
thank you

Answer
Lal
Thanks for the question and good for you to write your own book.  The trim size I would suggest is 5.5X8.5 or 6X9.  The pagecount so that you can perfect bind the book should be at least 64 pages which is two sides of a sheet, books are generally printed in increments of 16 and 32.  The text can be in MS Word and the cover in Photoshop and you can do your own and finally most printers including us will only do a minimum of 100 books with your total cost in the range of $300.00 to 600.00.  Let me know if you need anything else and sign up on www.parapublishing.com for great free info from Dan Poynter.
Thanks
Tom

Writing Books

Tom Campbell