Writing Books/the qualities of a good story

Question
pls what are the things u wil see in a story that will make u know that the author is a good story writer.
i have some unpublished stories but i want it to be the best. am 20 yrs and a Nigeria.
thanks as am so anxious to readur reply.
AMAKA.

Answer
Hello Amaka:

The qualities of a good story are:

1. There are few, if any, spelling/grammar/usage mistakes, like "readur," "pls," "yrs." You may as well start writing clearly NOW.

2. The text is easy to read, with no awkward or run-on or incomplete sentences, etc. to trip the reader up.

3. It makes sense.

4. It's engaging and interesting, with memorable characters and situations.

5. It sheds light on what is called "the human condition," meaning what it's like being human in this world. It gives you something to think about.

6. You remember it, and think about it from time to time.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 800 questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand