Writing Books/query letter

Question
Hello:
I've been asked to send a "more detailed query letter" This will be the first I've sent her, but I've written a hook, a second paragraph with the story, and a third saying contacted professionals in my reasearch. Is this okay, or is there anything I should add or elaborate on?

Also, one book says to not to name the protagonist in the query since having the agent stop to remember names slows things down. It says to write "the protagonist" instead.
How does this sound to you?

Thanks.

Answer
Hmmmm, well Demetrius, this is just my opinion but as an editor, I'd want to know the protagonist's name.  I'd opt for something like:  My protagonist is named Annie and she's  . . . .  Then refer to her as Annie.

Have you written in the query letter what the conflict is?  What does your protagonist want that the antagonist also wants.  Both can't have it so that sets up conflict.  An editor will want to know what the conflict is.

Otherwise, the query info looks good.  Good luck!  Let me know what happens, Ok?

Liz Aleshire
www.lizaleshire.com

Writing Books

Liz Aleshire