Writing Books/rambling or too short

Question
i always find wen i write books that i either ramble on and on and drift from the plot or it is too short with no description!
please help

Answer
Hello Sandra,

You are doing the same thing with the sentence (s) that you wrote in the question.  A good exercise will be for you to re-write that question and do it correctly, with correct grammar, sentence structure and capital letters where needed.

As for rambling on or too short, I cannot know without reading it.  If you think you are rambling, then cut the extra wording and attempt to stay with your plot. It takes discipline. Description can come within the action.

Such as:  Wrong:  She had long red hair.  The sun was shining.
         Correct:  She tossed her head, her long red hair glistening in the sunlight.

I find that if I write a whole book, from start to finish, without editing, correcting or censoring, and then go back for the rewrites, I am satisfied with the result.

Try this and see if it works for you.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris