Writing Books/just a reply and a Thank you!

Sir; Thank you for replying to my question about my writing a book.
I was a very active Gang Crime Detective on the Chicago Police Department. Worked mostly the westside of the City. Assigned at Cabrini Green Projects (which at that time was the gang turf known as the Black Disciples.
My partners and I made many, many arrests.
Later I was injuried in the line of duty, ending my 18 year career, was placed on duty disability for 17 years until I retired in 2002. I always wanted to write this book.
Just a thought, would you be interested in writing this book with me. Thank you again.
Greg Zito

Hi Greg,
Although I am flattered by the offer of working with you, I must decline as I am involved in three other projects at the moment and busy until the end of 2007. I am sure that you will find an agent or another writer to work with you. Just remember, it will work best if it is in YOUR OWN WORDS!
All the best

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia