Writing Books/replying as to my writing

Question
Dorothy K. Morris, thank you for replying. The pass attempts of me writing a book, has failed due that I get sort of lost for the right words. I go over each page and do make some corrections and changes but am , well kind of lost for words.
Thank you ! Greg Zito
Just a thought would you be interested, I know I have a great book to be written.

Answer
Hello Greg,

I thought as much.  Try this:  don't worry about the right words, spelling, grammar, sentence or paragraph structure, or anything but getting a story down on paper. Allow your creative brain complete freedom to tell a story. You will find that characters come as they are needed and they will help you write the story. They will tell you who they are and what role they need to play. Concern yourself with nothing but getting it into rough draft. Do not edit, censor or try to construct.  Then when the rough draft is finished, and it will be rough, go back and begin the re-write process. Here you will restructure, add, delete, correct, look for the right words, etc.

This method works quite well for me. Maybe it will work for you.  The problem is that when we shift back and forth from creative brain to editing brain or thinking brain, the creative brain, our muse, gets peeved for being shut down so often and goes on the blink.  Let it have freedom.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris